I’m taking a little break from posting updates about my books to let you know that I’ve got a three-page feature in the May 2012 issue of Christianity Today. It’s a profile of evangelicalism in Quebec and it was a labour of love as the topic is very dear to my heart.
If you can get your hands on a copy of the magazine, please check it out! I’m not sure whether the article will be posted online but, if it is, I’ll share a link to it as soon as it’s up.
Several of you have indicated you want to participate in the contest to win a free book (or two) but I haven’t received any entries yet so I’m not sure whether you’re all waiting until the last day to send them in or you just need more time. So…
I’m extending the deadline to May 13. That means you still have THREE WEEKS to send in your fun pics. Hope to hear from you soon. 😀
2. Create a new picture that features one of these books in a fun, weird, exciting, funny, inspiring setting by superimposing (or layering) the image of the book on top of another picture. (You can do this in Word or Paint or using a free online photo editing site. Let me know if you get stuck!) For example, you might show Designer Genes riding a roller coaster or climbing Mount Everest. (Okay, now you can’t use those ideas. Sorry!) Be creative… I’m sure you can all come up with really fun ideas!
3. Send me your fun photo by midnight April 30 May 13 (any time zone in North America is fine — I’ll be asleep anyway!) E-mail it to firstname.lastname@example.org, along with your full name, age, and mailing address and let me know which book you’re hoping to win.
4. By May 20, I will announce the winner. The grand prize winner will be the most creative entry that just wows me! Then, from the rest, I will choose two more winners who will each win the book of their choice.
5. Anyone can enter this contest regardless of age or location but, because of shipping costs internationally, I have to limit the grand prize to entrants from Canada or the United States. But anyone can win a second prize. Thanks for understanding!
6. Please feel free to tell your friends about this contest. You can tweet about this, post it on Facebook, share it by e-mail, etc. The more the merrier, as they say!
I think that covers everything but if I think of anything I’ve missed (or if you do, and you drop me a line), I’ll come back and edit this post. So, if you plan on participating, do come back and take a look at this post again in the next week or so. (I’m going to see if it’s easy to set up some kind of online voting feature for the entries.)
Special thanks to Coach Alvin for helping me with this idea for a contest!
If you’ve been enjoying Truth & Dare, I’ve got good news for you: I’m working on a sequel, which is slated for release in October 2013. I know, that seems a long way away, but it’ll come quickly! 😀
So, I’ll be spending a major chunk of 2012 writing new devotionals for Book 2. And here’s where YOU come in! If you — or a young lady you know — has a great story of being courageous and daring for the Lord (kind of like the ones in Book 1), I’d love to hear from you. If I end up using the story in my next book, you’ll get a free copy!
Nicole O’Dell, host of Teen Talk Radio, is giving away a copy of my new book, Truth & Dare. All you have to do is visit this blog post: http://nicoleodell.com/2011/11/current-giveaways/ and leave a comment, mentioning that you want a copy of Truth & Dare. But you have to enter before midnight on Wednesday, November 23… so hurry!
I’ve never been so happy to see a Federal Express driver before! On Tuesday afternoon I received two boxes (96 copies) of Truth & Dare and happily tore into the first box to finally see and hold a copy of my “second-born.”
I’m pleased to report that it’s a chunky book and — wonderful surprise! — the cover is shimmery. It practically twinkles in the light. 😀
In the next week or two I’ll be updating the “Books” page with various links and buying options. I hope you’ll decide to get a copy (or two) of Truth & Dare for a special preteen girl in your life (or just for yourself!)
If you haven’t yet joined the Facebook page for Truth & Dare, you probably haven’t noticed that I’m hosting a weekly giveaway throughout September for a free copy of my new book. Here’s the link: http://www.facebook.com/truth.dare.devotions.