Posted by Ann-Margret on April 26, 2012 at 11:01 am| Leave a Comment
I’m taking a little break from posting updates about my books to let you know that I’ve got a three-page feature in the May 2012 issue of Christianity Today. It’s a profile of evangelicalism in Quebec and it was a labour of love as the topic is very dear to my heart.
If you can get your hands on a copy of the magazine, please check it out! I’m not sure whether the article will be posted online but, if it is, I’ll share a link to it as soon as it’s up.
Thanks and have a great day!
Posted by Ann-Margret on April 21, 2012 at 8:23 pm| Leave a Comment
Several of you have indicated you want to participate in the contest to win a free book (or two) but I haven’t received any entries yet so I’m not sure whether you’re all waiting until the last day to send them in or you just need more time. So…
I’m extending the deadline to May 13. That means you still have THREE WEEKS to send in your fun pics. Hope to hear from you soon. 😀
(See previous post for full contest details.)
P.S. I just posted the contest here: ContestCanada.net
Posted by Ann-Margret on April 4, 2012 at 11:55 am| Leave a Comment
Hi everyone! Ready for some fun and the chance to win a free book? I thought so! Keep reading…
I want to give away four copies of my books, as follows:
– One grand prize winner will win a copy of Designer Genes AND a copy of Truth & Dare (plus a few more surprise goodies).
– Two second-prize winners will each win a copy of either Designer Genes or Truth & Dare.
Here’s how it’s going to work…
1. Grab the cover image of one of these books from my Books page (http://www.annhovsepian.com/?page_id=6). Choose whichever book you’d like to win.
2. Create a new picture that features one of these books in a fun, weird, exciting, funny, inspiring setting by superimposing (or layering) the image of the book on top of another picture. (You can do this in Word or Paint or using a free online photo editing site. Let me know if you get stuck!) For example, you might show Designer Genes riding a roller coaster or climbing Mount Everest. (Okay, now you can’t use those ideas. Sorry!) Be creative… I’m sure you can all come up with really fun ideas!
3. Send me your fun photo by midnight April 30 May 13 (any time zone in North America is fine — I’ll be asleep anyway!) E-mail it to firstname.lastname@example.org, along with your full name, age, and mailing address and let me know which book you’re hoping to win.
4. By May 20, I will announce the winner. The grand prize winner will be the most creative entry that just wows me! Then, from the rest, I will choose two more winners who will each win the book of their choice.
5. Anyone can enter this contest regardless of age or location but, because of shipping costs internationally, I have to limit the grand prize to entrants from Canada or the United States. But anyone can win a second prize. Thanks for understanding!
6. Please feel free to tell your friends about this contest. You can tweet about this, post it on Facebook, share it by e-mail, etc. The more the merrier, as they say!
I think that covers everything but if I think of anything I’ve missed (or if you do, and you drop me a line), I’ll come back and edit this post. So, if you plan on participating, do come back and take a look at this post again in the next week or so. (I’m going to see if it’s easy to set up some kind of online voting feature for the entries.)
Special thanks to Coach Alvin for helping me with this idea for a contest!
Don’t forget that you can connect with me on Facebook (www.facebook.com/truth.dare.devotions) or on Twitter (https://twitter.com/#!/AnnHovsepian).
One last thing: Please be sure to read the post before this one to learn how you can get help me out with my next book project (and get a free copy of that!)
Happy Easter and I hope to hear from many of you soon!